*Donald Sterling is continuing to be a super huge pain in the arse for the NBA.
Either he loves to play games or he’s an idiot … or both. Now he’s back to saying he won’t take the deal for $2 billion to sell the LA Clippers.
Yes, you read that right. Sterling has pulled his support from a deal to sell the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and will pursue his $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA.
Attorney Maxwell Blecher said on Monday that Sterling ”instructed (us) to prosecute the lawsuit” and the deal’s off.
The $2 billion sale was negotiated by wife Shelly Sterling after Donald Sterling’s racist remarks to V. Stiviano were publicized and the NBA moved to oust him as owner. The lawsuit alleges the league violated his constitutional rights, antitrust laws and committed breach of contract.
Donald Sterling agreed to ink the deal and drop the suit last week, but then decided against it after learning the NBA won’t revoke its lifetime ban and fine.
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver spoke on the situation Sunday and says the Clippers owner is gonna come around.
“While I understand his frustration, I think it’s over,” Silver said Sunday.
The NBA commissioner said Sterling still hasn’t signed off on the sale of the Los Angeles Clippers, or agreed to drop his lawsuit against Silver or the NBA. But Silver believes he ultimately will, because Shelly Sterling’s agreement with the league covers the NBA’s legal responsibilities in case of a suit.
“So in essence, Donald is suing himself and he knows that,” Silver said.
Silver also said before Game 2 of the NBA Finals that there is “absolutely no possibility” of rescinding the lifetime ban or $2.5 million fine he handed down to Sterling following his racist remarks.see more at eurweb.com